Thursday, December 07, 2006

Society - Who's In Charge Here?

What would you say if I decided that I could shit anywhere that I want, whenever the urge came, and what's more, if I insisted that you follow me around constantly and pick up my droppings throughout the day? Would you feel this role to be somewhat subservient?

Well, it seems to me that most people would. Yet, I can't walk down the street without seeing such a dysfunctional relationship 5 or 10 times a day. And what's worse is these people do it without receiving so much as a grunt or nod of thanks. Not even a squint of appreciation.

You've probably already figured out that I'm talking about dogs and their owners. It's puzzling to me, because these people consider themselves "the masters" when they are clearly the slaves. It's been a while since I've had a dog and, thankfully, I've gained some insight from my distant perspective. But I guarantee that if I ever get another one, I'm going to train him to yelp at least a modicum of gratitude.

No comments: