Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Television - The Winner

Not long ago, I recommended an online film called, The Old Negro Space Program, written, produced and directed by a "man" named Andy Bobrow, who also wrote for Malcolm in the Middle. It's one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Well, I got an email from Andy today, touting a new show that he's writing for Fox. Here's what he has to say:


Last spring I was fortunate enough to get hired to help write a new show on Fox called “The Winner.” It stars Rob Corddry, of "The Daily Show" fame. And I swear to you, I am proud to be a part of it. We all believe we have captured lightning in a bottle with this show. Even my mom laughed at the pilot, and she hates television.

The show premiers on March 4th on Fox. But they are taking the unprecedented step of putting full episodes online before the premiere. They want to create “buzz,” and I want them to have all the frickin' buzz they can get. If the show launches well, I get to keep my job.

So please go to <http://www.fox.com/winner/> and watch a few episodes. I recommend the first two, “Single Dates,” and “What Happens in Albany.”


I haven't seen it yet, but I don't doubt it's worth checking out.

3 comments:

Andy said...

Matt! Thanks so much for the shout-out. One correction: I wrote for Malcolm in the Middle, not The Wonder Years. Yeah, I have a Google Alert set to my name, so I can immediately thank anyone who mentions me online. Nice blog, by the way.
-Andy

COLORADO BOB said...

Matt ... I'll link this at Crawfordslist. He's got a lot of traffic, we'll see if andy catches it.
Remember blogs don't have a lot of rules. Do what all of lazy people do, post a U Tube clip when you can't spend time pecking away at the key board.
Speaking of writing, I've been throwing-up some more stories.

Matt Elmore said...

Sorry about the mix-up with the shows, Andy. I've lived overseas for 10 years and am not too hip with what's happening on tv except for what I can download of the HBO lineup. By the way, I put "man" in quotes as a reference to your "About Me" page. Funny as all heck.

Bob, thanks for the suggestion. Time --for me right now-- is as scarce as sanity in the BushCo administration. I got more articles pending for this magazine I write for, am battling Spanish beauracracy for my visa, relatives coming to visit, conjunctivitis, all kinds of aggravating shit. 'Fraid I'll have to be slack for a few more days.

Later, fellases.